Happy 4th of July
Happy Birthday, United States of America!
On July 4, 1776, the American colonies claimed independence from Britain. This declaration eventually led to the formation of the United States. As we celebrate the birth of our great nation, test your knowledge with this brief quiz.1
- Which of these is one of the longest rivers in the United States?
- Red River
- Colorado River
- Missouri River
- Roe River
- What is the supreme law of the land?
- The Constitution
- The Declaration of Independence
- The Bill of Rights
- The Supreme Court
- What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
- The Alaska Territory
- The Louisiana Territory
- The Northwest Territory
- American Samoa
- Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
- There are 13 signatures on the Declaration of Independence.
- There is one stripe for each of the first 13 presidents.
- There were originally 13 colonies.
- Thirteen is a lucky number.
A defining characteristic of the United States is its citizens’ passion for independence. In 2016, a majority of young Americans agreed financial independence is a defining characteristic of adulthood, according to a Bank of America poll.2 If you would like to help your young adult children and/or grandchildren better understand how to achieve financial independence, please give us a call.
Have a fun and safe 4th of July!
1. C – Missouri River
2. A – The Constitution
3. B – The Louisiana Territory
4. C – There were originally 13 colonies.
v The above material was prepared by Carson Group Coaching.